Sassafras Tea is the original root beer taste. Delicious hot or cold, this tea was traditionally used as a blood purifier and spring tonic. This one ounce bundle will make over 5 quarts of tea.
See below/additional info for instructions
Add To Cart
How To Make Delicious Sassafras Tea
- Place 1 bundle roots in one quart of water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- You can now strain the tea, and drink as you like it.
- To make a second batch, lightly bruise roots with the back a knife to release oils, and full flavor.
- Then, place roots back in a quart of fresh, new water.
- Place cover back on pot, and boil for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- You can now strain the tea, and drink this second batch.
- If you want a third batch, add another quart of water to the roots and re-boil for 30-45 minutes.
- For each batch, most people add clover honey (or maple syrup, stevia, or sugar) to lightly sweeten tea.
- Remember, the tea is also delicious unsweetened, and hot or cold!